What is a favicon? quoting wikipedia “A favicon (short for favorites icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon is a 16×16 or 32×32 pixel square icon associated with a particular website or webpage.”
How can you change it easily and give a more professional look to your site?
1. Pick up an image and crop it to 32×32 pixels using photoshop, gimp or even mspaint.
2. Save this cropped image to png (if it is transparent) or whatever file format you want
3. Use one of the various online free FavIcon Generators like
- a. http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/
- b. http://www.html-kit.com/favicon/
- c. http://www.favicon.cc/?action=import_request
4. Finally download the resulted favicon.ico file and upload it to the root directory of your website.